Peter Whatmore is the Senior Vice President, and Executive Managing Director, Broker of CBRE Southwestern Ontario, including London, Waterloo Region and Windsor and Managing Director of CBRE's Special Properties Group. Peter has been actively involved in major brokerage transactions throughout his 38-year career.
Peter has extensive commercial real estate background, and has specialized in major investment, retail development, industrial and institutional transactions across Southwestern Ontario throughout his career. Through various evolutions that office has today, become the largest commercial brokerage firm operating in the Southwestern Ontario Region.
Peter directs the efforts of CBRE Special Properties Group (SPG) throughout North America. Special Properties Group is a niche-marketing group that specializes in the disposition of major industrial facilities in ex-urban markets, throughout Canada and the USA.
Peter obtained his SIOR designation (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors) in 1994. Peter is a past Director of the SIOR and currently serves as Director of the SIOR Foundation.
In March of 1997, Peter was appointed by the Provincial Government to be a founding Director of the Real Estate Council of Ontario.
Peter's sense of community has lead him to be a Director of the London and St. Thomas Real Estate Board and both the Ontario and Canadian Real Estate Associations. Peter served as the National Chair of the IC & I Council of the Canadian Real Estate Association in 1996. Peter is past Vice Chair of SIOR Central Canadian Chapter. Within London he has been actively involved in many charitable organizations including Chair of St. John Ambulance and President (1997-1999) of Parkwood Hospital Foundation, a member of the Board of St. Joseph Health Care Foundation, Director of St. Joseph's Health Care Centre London and Chair of Realtors Care Foundation and SIOR Foundation.
- 38 years brokerage across all major disciplines.
- Founding director of the Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO).
- Served as National Chair of the IC&I Council of the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA).
- Served as President of the Parkwood Hospital Foundation (1997-2001).
- Served as Chair of the St. John Ambulance.
- Past President of the London Club.
- Director St. Joseph's Healthcare London & St. Joseph's Healthcare Foundation
- Chairman OREA Foundation
- President of Central Canadian Chaper SIOR
- President SIOR Foundation (2012)