Dave joined CBRE in September 1988 in the Downtown Office Leasing Division and earned the designation of Vice President in 1999 and Senior Vice President in 2008. For over 30 years, Dave has been recognised as one of the top leasing brokers in Canada, and his team is consistently amongst the top performing teams.
Over the years Dave has gained immense respect from both tenants and landlords as he has maintained client relationships for 10+ years representing them on a local, national and global scale. Utilizing his economics background, he has successfully predicted many of the past office cycles and his advice has translated into millions of dollars of savings for his clients. In always putting the client first, he ensures the best outcome possible in every transaction, even if that means telling clients to wait.
Recognizing a shift in how occupiers utilize their premises, Dave alongside Dave Cairns, co-founded CBRE Forward, to deliver a more forward-thinking tenant representation platform. Dave is also committed to mentoring junior sales representatives within CBRE.
8 million sq. ft.
of Office Space Leased over 25 years
Transactions from 1990 - 2014
completed every week *estimated fact in 2013
Sales Representative in Canada in 1991, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2005-2013
CBRE North America 2012, 2013
- 1,355+ lease transactions, approx. 11 M sq. ft.
- 96 transactions in 2017 totalling 2.4 M sq. ft.+
- Top 225, CBRE North America 2012, 2013
- No. 1 Leasing Agent Canada 1999
- 16 Time CBRE National Sales Leader Conference Qualifier
- 14 Time Top 25 Canada
- 14 Time Top 10 Toronto Downtown
- Hutcheson National Top Team Award, Canada, 2018
- Member, Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB)
- Member, Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA)
- Member, Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Western University, 1988
- Valedictorian, Kings College, Western University
- Green and Spiegel
- CIBC Mellon
- Macquarie Bank
- Ivanhoe Cambridge
- American Express
- Black & McDonald
- Lundin Mining
- Canada Goose
- Fox News
- Jarislowsky Fraser
- Northern Trust
- First National
- Colleges Ontario
- Deloitte & Touche
- GE Real Estate
- McCarthy Tetrault
- Manulife Financial
- Canadian Tire
- Environmental Defence
- Orion Health
- The Law Foundation of Ontario
(*) Number of Transactions
- CIBC (several assignments), 1,765,000 sq. ft.
- CIBC Mellon, 135,000 sq. ft.
- Infrastructure Ontario, 80,990 sq. ft.
- Istuary Innovation Group (3*), 27,989 sq. ft.
- Disney, 25,000 sq. ft.
- GMP Securities LP/Griffiths, McBurney CanadaCorp,
24,677 sq. ft.
- Richard GMP Limited, 23,857 sq. ft.
- Salt and Light Catholic Media, 21,573 sq. ft.
- Lundin Mining, 20,724 sq. ft.
- Microsoft, 20,000 sq. ft.
- Istuary Innovation Labs Inc., 16,061 sq. ft.
- The Northern Trust Company, 14,240 sq. ft.
- Acuity Ads, 14,114 sq. ft.
- Jarislowsky Fraser, 13,429 sq. ft.
- Strategy Mapping, 11,339 sq. ft.
- BNY Mellon, 10,872 sq. ft.
- Stewardship Ontario, 10,637 sq. ft.
- Intangent, 9,695 sq. ft.
- Brainrider Inc., 9,216 sq. ft.
- Colleges Ontario, 8,297 sq. ft.
- Luminus Financial Srvices & Credit Union, 7,000 sq. ft.
- Orion Health Limited, 6,989 sq. ft.
- Comerica Bank, 6,963 sq. ft.
- CDIC, 6,285 sq. ft.
- Versapay, 6,193 sq. ft.
- Avalon Dairy Limited c/o Royal Pacific Realty,
5,700 sq. ft.
- General Electric Canada, 5,663 sq. ft.
- Emeldi Canada Ltd., 5,200 sq. ft.
- Lazard Canada Inc., 4,764 sq. ft.
- CIG Canada ULC, 4,702 sq. ft.
- Standard Chartered Canada Limited (2*),
4,692 sq. ft.
- Fountain Asset Corporation, 4,422 sq. ft.
- The Law Foundation of Ontario, 4,306 sq. ft.
- KVB Kunlun Canada Inc., 4,233 sq. ft.
- Environmental Defence Canada Inc., 4,290 sq. ft.
- Canadian Tire Corporation, 4,200 sq. ft.
- Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group, 4,000 sq. ft.
- Lette LLP, 3,565 sq. ft.
- Letwhit Investments Inc., 3,460 sq. ft.
- AlphaNorth Asset Management, 3,405 sq. ft.
- MTV Networks Canada, 3,400 sq. ft.
- Groundlayer Capital Inc., 3,389 sq. ft.
- Linedata, 3,130 sq. ft.
- Lough Barnes Consulting Group, 2,919 sq. ft.
- Meridiam Infrastructure Canada Inc., 2,833 sq. ft.
- The Canadian Council on Rehabilitation, 2,811 sq. ft.
- Verus Partners & Company, 2,259 sq. ft.
- Croesus Finansoft Inc., 2,225 sq. ft.
- Prime Hires Inc., 2,152 sq. ft.
- Enliven Financial Inc., 2,049 sq. ft.
- Tourico Holidays Canada, 2,019 sq. ft.
- Griffis International Limited, 2,000 sq. ft.
- Front & John Pizza Limited, 1,946 sq. ft.
- Nelson Advisors Inc., 1,843 sq. ft.
- Gunpoweder Capital Corporation, 1,736 sq. ft.
- OCAD University, 1,100 sq. ft.