Dave Cairns started his career at CBRE in 2012 after being a professional poker player where he was ranked as one of the top 100 online tournament players in the world for a time. Since then, Dave has become a thought leader within the commercial real estate industry with global recognition. He is an avid content creator on LinkedIn, who is highly respect by his peers, and has received over 1 million views in 2020 alone.
Working alongside his team, Dave’s focus is on working with high growth companies in the tech sector, Space as a Service Operators (#SPaaS), and with financial services firms on a local, national and global level.
Dave also leads a partnership with Deloitte on their Technology Fast 50 program, advising many of Canada’s fastest growing technology companies on their real estate requirements. He is also the co-founder of CBRE Forward, a platform designed to showcase the fastest growing tech companies in Canada.
- Rookie of the Year Award in 2016
- #1 in Canada under 10 years Experience in 2018
- #4 in Canada under 10 years Experience in 2017
- Winner of Hutcheson National Top Team in 2018
- Co-Founder of CBRE Forward
- Member, Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB)
- Member, Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA)
- Member, Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)
- McGill University: Bachelor of Arts – Major Political Science, Minor Marketing
- AlphaNorth Asset Management
- Canadian Tire
- CCRW | CCRT
- CIBC Mellon
- Colleges Ontario
- Conor, Clark & Lunn
- Environmental Defence
- Fountain Asset
- GE Real Estate
- Jarislowsky Fraser
- Lough Barnes Consulting Group
- Lundin Mining
- Meridiam Infrastructure
- Northern Trust
- OCAD University
- Orion Health
- Prime Hires
- The Law Foundation of Ontario
- Tourico Holidays
- Verus Partners
(*) Number of Transactions
- CIBC Square, 1.75 MM
- Infrastructure Ontario (3*), 125,990 sq. ft.
- Canadian Tire Corporation (3*), 93,072 sq. ft.
- Connor Clark & Lunn Financial Group (3*),
45,000 sq. ft.
- Versapay (3*), 33,664 sq. ft.
- Lundin Mining, 20,724 sq. ft.
- Motoinsight, 18,852 sq. ft.
- Brainrider (3*), 16,881 sq. ft.
- The Northern Trust Company, 14,240 sq. ft.
- MTV (2*), 10,600 sq. ft.
- General Electric Canada (2*), 9,200 sq. ft.
- Colleges Ontario, 8,927 sq. ft.
- Aritzia, 7,859 sq. ft.
- Croseus Finansoft Inc., 2,225, sq. ft.
- Salesforce, 2,108 sq. ft.