David Cairns joined CBRE Limited in 2012 in the Toronto Downtown Office Leasing and works on the Cairns/Bethell/ Calcutt team which is consistently one of the top 10 leasing teams in the city of Toronto. The team focuses on the exclusive representation of tenants for the relocation, renewal or disposition of their office premises in Toronto and across multi-markets as the single point of contact for corporate real estate.
David leads a partnership with Deloitte on their Technology Fast 50 program, advising many of Canada’s fastest growing technology companies on their real estate requirements.
Companies within the tech ecosystem are further supported by CBRE Forward, a platform Co-Founded by David Cairns. Forward showcases the fastest growing tech companies in Canada. Pioneering this client-first approach to commercial real estate enables David to be uniquely positioned to contribute to the growth of one of the most promising sectors of the Canadian economy.
- Earned Rookie of the Year Award in 2016 (#1 Agent in Canada under 5 Years Experience)
- Ranked #4 in Canada under 10 years Experience in 2017
- Ranked #1 in Canada Under 10 years experience in 2018
- Co-Founder of CBRE Forward
- Member, Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB)
- Member, Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA)
- Member, Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)
- McGill University: Bachelor of Arts – Major Political Science, Minor Marketing
- Crescent School: High School Diploma
- AlphaNorth Asset Management
- Canadian Tire
- CCRW | CCRT
- CIBC Mellon
- Colleges Ontario
- Conor, Clark & Lunn
- Environmental Defence
- Fountain Asset
- GE Real Estate
- Jarislowsky Fraser
- Lough Barnes Consulting Group
- Lundin Mining
- Meridiam Infrastructure
- Northern Trust
- OCAD University
- Orion Health
- Prime Hires
- The Law Foundation of Ontario
- Tourico Holidays
- Verus Partners
(*) Number of Transactions
- CIBC Square, 1.75 MM
- Infrastructure Ontario (3*), 125,990 sq. ft.
- Canadian Tire Corporation (3*), 93,072 sq. ft.
- Connor Clark & Lunn Financial Group (3*),
45,000 sq. ft.
- Versapay (3*), 33,664 sq. ft.
- Lundin Mining, 20,724 sq. ft.
- Motoinsight, 18,852 sq. ft.
- Brainrider (3*), 16,881 sq. ft.
- The Northern Trust Company, 14,240 sq. ft.
- MTV (2*), 10,600 sq. ft.
- General Electric Canada (2*), 9,200 sq. ft.
- Colleges Ontario, 8,927 sq. ft.
- Aritzia, 7,859 sq. ft.
- Croseus Finansoft Inc., 2,225, sq. ft.
- Salesforce, 2,108 sq. ft.