Erin O’Brien, is a Senior Director in the CBRE Valuation and Advisory Services team. She is responsible for providing valuation and advisory services to clients across a variety of real estate sectors. Erin is an accredited member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada. She holds a Bachelor of Commerce and a Masters in Business Administration from the University of Guelph, as well as a Bachelor of Education from the University of Toronto.
With 20 years of experience, Erin has been actively involved in numerous advisory assignments for mixed-use projects that required strategic advice and analytics pertaining to the determination of the appropriate mix and level of commercial development/facilities. Over her 18 years in valuation and advisory services, Erin has worked on a wide range of assignments across Canada including market/feasibility studies, appraisals, portfolio valuations, asset evaluations, asset strategy assignments, and acquisition due diligence.
In her previous role as VP in the Financial Advisory Real Estate Team of Deloitte, Erin led the national team in carrying out in-depth reviews of third-party appraisal reports to ascertain whether the methodology, assumptions and values were appropriate. These clients consisted of Canada’s largest pension funds, REITs, pension fund advisors, insurance companies and real estate operating companies. The properties included large and complex institutional grade assets ranging from multi-use developments, multi-residential, office, retail, industrial and land.
- Holiday Inn Dartmouth, Halifax, NS, Current and Prospective Valuation – Post Renovation/Re-positioning
- Proposed Fairfield Inn, Mississauga, Prospective Valuation
- HOOPP, GTA Industrial Portfolio
- OPTrust, GTA Industrial Portfolio
- bcIMC Hotel Portfolio, Quarterly Portfolio Valuation
- AACI Designation, Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Ongoing professional development related to valuation and consulting. Recertified through the Appraisal Institute of Canada professional programs (2013 – Present)
- MBA, University of Guelph, ON
- Bank of Montreal
- Bayview Hospitality
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Caisse de Depot et placement de Quebec
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Citibank Canada
- GE Capital
- GWL Realty Advisors
- InnVest REIT
- RBC – Royal Bank
- ROI Capital