Ian Shackell has been actively engaged in the Ottawa and Eastern Ontario commercial real estate market for the past 30 years. He began his career in the research and analysis division of a major real estate firm then joined the brokerage side in 1986, where he has built a solid career as an industry expert in industrial sales and leasing, and investment real estate.
In June 1999, Ian jointly founded the Ottawa office of CBRE Limited where he is currently Vice President. During his time with the CBRE office, he has established himself as one of its top agents year after year, transacting in all facets of commercial real estate. He has consistently achieved the CBRE recognition award, and has ranked in the top three in the office since its inception.
Ian's expertise and depth of knowledge in the industrial and investment markets has helped CBRE continue to expand and build its reputation as a recognized leader in the marketplace. In gaining a clear understanding of his clients' needs and thus providing them with well-researched, viable options, he is able to fulfill their requirements for space in which to build and grow their business.
His ongoing commitment to meet the diverse and sometimes complex space requirements of his clients has led to successful sales/leasing campaigns for the likes of Canada Post, Coca Cola, Cascades Papers, Tomlinson Group of Companies and numerous local companies and investors.
Over the years, Ian has volunteered in a coaching capacity for the Osgoode Rideau Minor Hockey Association to encourage and foster an active lifestyle in today's youth. He has also held volunteer positions on US condominium boards and the Big Rideau Lake Association.
Ian holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration from Brock University.
- Real Estate License registered with the Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO)
- Member of the Ontario Real Estate Council of Ontario
- Past Director, Big Rideau Lakes Association, Portland, ON
- Past VP, Island Park Village Condo Board Association, Ft. Myers, FLA
- Past coach in the Osgoode Rideau Minor Hockey Association
- Brock University, Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration.
- Coca Cola
- Target Canada
- Canada Post
- Connelly Properties
- Tomlinson Group of Companies
- Kal Tire
- Metro Waste
- Robert Transportation
- Cascade Papers
- 1250-1260 Old Innes Road, Ottawa, ON, 58,261 sq. ft., Lease, October 2014
- 2400 St. Laurent Boulevard, Ottawa, ON, 31,033 sq. ft., Sale, September 2014
- 1071 Ages Drive, Ottawa, ON, 38,700 sq. ft., Lease, August 2014
- 103 Schneider Road, Kanata, ON, 32,540 sq. ft., Sale, January 2014