John Planeta is an Executive Vice President at CBRE. Based in Toronto, Canada he maintains a leadership role within the company’s Global Integrated Logistics Practice. In addition to being a top producing broker for CBRE nationally, John is a highly accomplished specialist focused on Logistics and Distribution centers and has managed some of Canada’s largest and most complex supply chain transactions. John and his team are service oriented and committed to providing clients with exceptional outcomes. He has completed over 2000 assignments globally in his 25+ year career.
John is skilled at assessing client needs and working with them to prepare effective strategies aimed at achieving their corporate objectives. John and his team design customized programs for clients and tactically execute plans aimed at adding significant transactional value. Areas of specialization include strategic planning, network design/analysis, lease arbitrage, development and finance.
As the Canadian leader for CBRE’s Global Integrated Logistics Practice, John is supported by a team of professionals across Canada dedicated to servicing companies through the implementation of unique value-add service programs. The high level of activity generated by this team allows for quick response to market changes both locally and nationally. As specialists in supply chain management, members of the Global Integrated Logistics Practice understand the combined importance of location, labour and transportation to the overall operating cost model. In addition, international trade drives an increasing need to understand the nuances impacting global supply chain networks including ports, rail, intermodal and overland transport.
With the explosive growth of e-commerce and omnichannel delivery comes a new and innovative approach to addressing client needs. The Global Integrated Logistics Practice remains at the forefront of this paradigm shift.
- Toronto Real Estate Board
- Ontario Real Estate Association
- Canadian Real Estate Association
- Real Estate Council of Ontario
- Partner, Global Integrated Logistics Practice
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
- CBRE, Industrial Advisory Council
- University of Western Ontario, Honours Bachelor of Arts, Urban Development
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Candidate
- University of Southern California, Marshall School Of Business – Emerging Leadership Program
- Colgate Palmolive
- General Motors
- International Automotive Components
- John Wiley & Sons
- Kraft-Heinz Company
- Leggett & Platt
- SCI Group
- Prologis, 2,360,000 SF, Lease
- SCI Group, 4,360,000 SF, Lease
- Exel / Tibbet & Britten, 1,065,000 SF, Lease
- Kraft-Heinz Company, 770,000 SF, Lease
- Gap, 875,000 SF, Lease
- Target, 3,900,000 SF, Development
- DHL Global Forwarding, 445,000 SF, Lease
- Caterpillar, 234,000 SF, Lease
- Lazard-Freres, 3,900,000 SF, Sale
- Orlando Corporation, 4,280,000 SF, Lease