In addition to being a recognized leader and top CBRE producer nationally, John Planeta is one of the most accomplished industrial specialists in North America. A service oriented professional committed to providing clients with an unparalleled level of fast, efficient and accurate service delivery, Mr. Planeta has successfully completed over 1000 transactions totaling more than $1.0 B across Canada and the US.
Mr. Planeta is skilled at diagnosing a customer's needs and preparing an effective strategy to address those needs. His unique negotiating and tactical execution skills allow him to create significant value in all projects and for all customers he represents. Specialization in strategic planning, disposition acquisition/tenant rep., leasing, marketing, development and finance.
As the Canadian leader for CBRE's Global Supply Chain Practice, Mr. Planeta directs a team of professionals across the country dedicated to servicing companies through the implementation of unique value-added service programs. The high level of activity generated by his team allows for quick response to market changes both locally and nationally.
As a specialist in distribution, network design and site selection, the Global Supply Chain Practice understands the importance of labor and transportation in the overall cost model. With the explosive growth of e.commerce comes a new and innovative approach to addressing expansion needs.
- Toronto Real Estate Board
- Ontario Real Estate Association
- Canadian Real Estate Association
- Real Estate Council of Ontario
- Partner, Global Supply Chain Practice
- Canadian Association of Supply Chain and Logistics Management (SCL)
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
- University of Western Ontario, Honours Bachelor of Arts, Urban Development
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Candidate
- University of Southern California, Marshall School Of Business – Emerging Leadership Program
- Bank of Montreal
- Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Kingsett Capital Partners
- General Motors of Canada
- GAP Inc.
- DHL Worldwide Express
- SCI Logistics
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Verus Partners
- First Industrial
- New York Life Investment Portfolio
Bank of Montreal Industrial Disposition
- Emery Worldwide
80,000 sq. ft.
Design Build - Canadian Head Office
- Caterpillar Inc.
187,000 sq. ft.
- John Wiley & Sons Canada Limited
90,000 sq. ft.
Canadian Distribution Centre
290,000 sq. ft.
- DHL Global Forwarding
211,111 sq. ft.
198,000 sq. ft.
649,000 sq. ft.
Spec Facility Lease
- Tibbett & Britten (Harmony Logistics)
715,000 sq. ft.
Build-to-Suit Distribution Centre
- Cogent Power
110,000 sq. ft.
- Hewlett Packard
412,413 sq. ft.
211,111 sq. ft.
Canadian Head Office
- Assured Logistics
373,271 sq. ft.