Louis Poirier has extensive experience in property valuation and assessment review services for commercial, industrial, retail and multi-residential properties. He has appeared as expert witness in arbitration cases, property tax assessment cases, expropriation cases, civil litigation, as well as other specialized real estate tribunal matters. Louis has worked extensively in Montreal, Calgary and Atlantic Canada and has provided valuation and consulting services in 9 of 10 Canadian provinces.
Louis joined CBRE in January of 2020 as the Director, Property Tax Services for the Montréal Valuation & Advisory Services group. He recently held a similar position with an international property tax firm and was a principal and shareholder in a national property tax firm prior to that.
He is a dedicated professional volunteer with the Appraisal Institute of Canada and sits on their National Board of Directors, he is a Counselor Professional Practice with the AIC and is an instructor of professional standards. Louis is also an active member and volunteer of the Canadian Property Tax Association.
- Office buildings in various Canadian cities, ranging in size from 5,000 to over 1 million square feet.
- Stand-alone retail properties, strip and neighborhood plazas, power centres and shopping malls.
- Industrial properties ranging from single stand-alone light industrial warehouses to breweries and large-scale distribution centres or special purpose properties.
- Condominium complexes, new and existing.
- Hospitality industry properties.
- Development land, including multi-year comprehensive developments comprised of various zoning classifications and development nodes.
- A 350-acre island within a National Park reserve as well as a 65,000-acre private nature reserve which included 60 lakes and 13 executive log homes.
- A privately-owned island within a Federal Coastal Reserve
- Appraisal Institute of Canada, AACI (Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute)
- Member in good standing, Canadian Property Tax Association
- Bachelor, Business Administration, Université de Moncton
- Ashkenazie Acquisition Corporation
- Cadillac Fairview
- Canada Lands
- Canada Malting
- Canadian Tire
- Home Depot
- SMART REIT