Scott McEwen grew up on a mixed farm operation in Eastern Ontario. He has more than 22 years of varied agricultural, real estate and operations experience. Scott is an AACI with over 16 plus years of experience in the Valuation & Advisory Services business and is the Canadian Practice Lead for agri-business/ alternative assets and will be at the forefront in creating a best in class group covering North, Latin and South America.
Scott has worked with NCREIF's Farmland and Timberland Committees since 2014 and has worked with large investors in the farmland, timberland and infrastructure sectors concentrating on asset and portfolio valuation best practices as well as sector introductions and research. Scott provides integrated real estate services to varied clients throughout North America.
Prior to joining CBRE Scott most recently worked as a principal in his own firm and for Altus Group. Scott is a member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada, the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers and the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
Scott's Specialties include: Transaction Advisory Services - Alt. Real Estate Assets (Agriculture, Timber, Infra, Resources, Unique Assets), Commercial Valuation of Real Estate including specialized assets such as aggregate pits, campgrounds, cold storage facilities, data facilities, fish processing facilities, golf courses, ice rinks, ski hills, etc. Scott has also provided Property Assessment Reviews, Appraisal Management, Real Estate Transaction Advice, Rental/ Lease Analysis, Estate Settlement, Capital Gains Analysis, Highest & Best Use Studies, Expropriations/ Arbitration.
- AACI Designation, Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC)
- Member of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers (ASFMRA)
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Business Degree B.B.A, St. Francis Xavier University
- Post Graduate Certificate in Real Property Valuation, University of British Columbia Sauder School of Business
- Masters of Business Administration, University of Prince Edward Island
- CICBV Program, York University (In Progress)
- Idaho Pacific
- Petro Canada
- Private Corporations
- Provincial Governments
- TD Bank
- Various Ag./ Heavy Equipment Dealers
- Various Credit Unions
- Various Golf Course Owners
- Various Law Firms
- Various NPOs