Todd Cooney is Senior Vice President and Broker in the Waterloo Region office for CBRE Limited. Todd specializes in the office leasing and sales market, focusing on representing tenants in office relocations, lease restructurings, multi office consolidations, and renewals and expansions.
Since joining CBRE, Todd has played a significant role in the augmented successes of CBRE's Office and Investment Divisions in the Waterloo Region. Todd's career has included many notable accomplishments and continues to be one of the firms top performing brokers in the Waterloo Region.
His mission is simple: to enable his clients – owners, occupiers, investors and developers – to make the best real estate decisions possible providing strategic consulting and transaction services that:
- Enhance Value
- Reduce Costs
- Manage Risk
With a diverse background in real estate development, investment, financing and construction, Todd brings a unique perspective to the brokerage business and the ability to customize solutions for each client's specific needs. His commitment to his clients, his diverse background and skill set, his attention to detail and his passion for the real estate business have earned him long-term relationships with leaders in the development and investment communities as well as tenants in the technology, financial, professional services, healthcare, legal and non-profit industries.
Todd works on a team consisting of Michael Black (Associate Vice President, Industrial), Brady Belanger (Sales Representative) and Melanie Gondosch the team's client services coordinator. With over 30 years of Real Estate Experience the team's knowledge and expertise goes unmatched. The team covers all asset classes with a specialist in each class, allowing for each individual team member to work at a higher level of efficiency and focus.
Areas of Specialty
Office leasing and sales, as well as tenant relocation and consulting services using unsurpassed market knowledge supported by industry leading economic forecasting and market research tools to ensure that clients make strategically sound and informed decisions.
Acquisition and disposition of income producing properties including retail, office and industrial centers, multi-residential and senior housing developments.
Site acquisitions and dispositions, site feasibility, market analysis, project leasing, landlord and tenant services.
Our commitment is to fully understand and service our clients. CBRE Limited is committed to the delivery of the highest level of service, uniquely tailored to meet the needs of each of our customers. We build long-term relationships and will earn the right to do business through consistently superior service.
- CBRE Award of Excellence - 2015
- Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), Member
- Kitchener / Waterloo Real Estate Board (KWREB), Member
- Ontario Real Estate Board Member (OREA), Member
- CBRE Junior Broker's Committee (Past Member)
- Laurier Alumni Association, Member
- ABON-Associate Broker Office Network (CBRE)
- South-Western Ontario Investment Team (Private Capital Group)
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR), Member
- Technology and Media Practice Group (TMP), Member
- Wilfrid Laurier University, (Honours) Bachelor of Communication with Business Administration
- CBRE University (Advanced Office)
- SIOR (Completion of all Respected Courses)
- Toronto – Dominion Bank
- Blue Coat Systems Inc.
- Spear Street Capital
- Open Text
- Allied Properties REIT
- Rockwell Automation
- Statefarm Insurance
- BDO Dunwoody
- MTE Engineers
- ICERA (Sirific Wireless)
- Activa Group
- GSP Group
- Addressograph Bartizan
- Pinelake Communications
- Kaleidescape Canada Inc.
- OpenLink Software
- Lasik MD
- Grerei Investments Ltd.
- Seimpelkamp Canada Inc.
- Great Canadian Coach
- IBI Group
- Perimeter Developments
- Mercedes Corp.
- Dream Portfolio, 1,080,000 sq. ft. Sale
- Blackberry Portfolio, 3,000,000 sq. ft. Sale
- Spear Street Portfolio I, 230,000 sq. ft. Sale
- 121-151 Charles Street West, "The Tannery", Kitchener, 340,150 sq. ft. Sale
- Forest Glen (700 Strasberg), 127,294 sq. ft. / 17.5 Acre Sale
- 560 Westmount Road, 90,000 sq. ft. Sale
- Cadan, 100,000 sq. ft. Lease
- 1601 River Road East, Kitchener, 68,241 sq. ft. Sale
- Grerei Investments Ltd., 100,000 sq. ft. Lease
- Allied Properties REIT, 83,000 sq. ft. Lease
- Seimpelkamp Canada Inc., 80,000 sq. ft. Lease
- Rogers, 75,000 sq. ft. Lease
- Google Canada, 65,000 sq. ft. Lease
- NCR, 55,000 sq. ft. Lease
- Siekmann Capital, 52,000 sq. ft. Lease
- Blue Coat Systems Inc., 40,000 sq. ft. Lease
- Rockwell Automation, 35,000 sq. ft. Lease
- SYSCO, 35,000 sq. ft. Lease
- Open Text, 32,000 sq. ft. Lease
- Mercedes Developments, 28,000 sq. ft. Lease
- Cook Construction (Multiple Deals), 27,000 sq. ft. Lease
- MTE Consultants Inc., 24,000 sq. ft. Sale/Leaseback (15 years)
- Molex (Landlord Rep), 23,000 sq. ft. Lease
- Kaleidescape Canada Inc., 18,000 sq. ft. Lease Renewal
- Perimeter Developments, 16,500 sq. ft. Lease
- OpenLink Software, 14,000 sq. ft. Lease
- DBC Smart Software, 14,000 sq. ft. (Sale)
- IBI, 14,000 sq. ft. Lease
- ICERA (Sirific Wireless), 10,500 sq. ft. Lease
- GSP Group, 10,000 sq. ft. Lease
- BAYER, 10,000 sq. ft. Lease
- Fercan Developments, 11 Acres Sale