• International tourist arrivals to Thailand in H1 2020 was 6.7 million, a 66.2% decrease Y-o-Y from 19.8 million in H1 2019, as Thailand saw zero inbound tourism in Q2 2020 since travel restrictions were implemented.
• According to STR, the overall Phuket hotel occupancy rate was 32.5%, decreasing 41.1 percentage points Y-o-Y from 73.6% in H1 2019, the lowest occupancy rate on record.
• Average Daily Rate (ADR) decreased by 5.7% Y-o-Y to THB 3,830.
• The decreases in both occupancy and ADR has led RevPAR to decrease by 49.9% Y-o-Y to THB 1,567 in H1 2020.
• A total of 151 keys was added to the inventory in H1 2020 as an expansion of the existing Anantara Vacation Club Mai Khao Phuket was completed.
• There are 146 hotels with a total of 26,163 keys in Phuket, increasing 7.3% Y-o-Y. By 2023, Phuket’s total hotel supply will have increased further by 13.4%, from 16 under-construction hotel projects with a total of 3,514 keys.