Mel de Oliveira is a Vice President, Broker with the Waterloo Region Office of CBRE Limited. He joined CBRE Limited in 1996 and has been a licensed realtor since 1984. With the combined efforts of his Real Estate Services Assistant, Sonya Vanderheide, Mel provides professional and highly organized brokerage services.
Mel has developed a refined system for managing multiple transaction requirements for local and multi-national organizations in the office, retail, industrial, and investment property markets. Mel's experience has been built on diversity and he negotiates with his clients’ unique needs and best interests at the forefront of each transaction.
Mel de Oliveira has consistently been one of the Top Performers in the Waterloo Region Office. He is currently a member of CBRE Waterloo Region Management Advisory Committee, as well as a former Member of CBRE Chairman's Advisory Council. He has taught the Industrial, Commercial and Investment Real Estate continuing education course at the Kitchener-Waterloo Real Estate Board several times. Furthermore, Mel is a past President of the Central Canada CCIM Chapter.
Mel is also part of the CBRE Private Capital Group, that delivers best in class market research, asset positioning, financial modeling, and access to buyers in an integrated, rapid-fire process designed to maximize the value of investment real estate assets. He leverages the CBRE network of resources, including a nationally shared database of over 6,000 key investors.
- CCIM Institute
- Past President of the Central Canada CCIM Chapter
- ICI Committee of the Kitchener-Waterloo Real Estate Board
- K-W Sales Club
- K-W Business Club
Certified Commercial Investment Members have joined together as experts in Commercial Investment Real Estate to provide outstanding service to over 1,000 market areas worldwide. High standards in education combined with organized networks enable members to provide quality business services and maintain a cutting-edge presence in the real estate industry.
- Conestoga College of Applied Arts and Technology, Dpl. Bus. Admin - Accounting
- Lakehead University, B. Admin - Accounting
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) CCIM Institute 1990
- HSBC Financial Corporation Canada
- Sun Life of Canada
- Royal Bank of Canada
- National Bank of Canada
- The TDL Group (Tim Horton's)
- Quizno's Canada Real Estate Corporation
- Ontario Realty Corporation
- Northern Digital Inc.
- Delta Elevator Co. Ltd.
- FMF Metal Fabrication Ltd.
- Amec Americas Ltd.
- Carlson Wagonlit Travel
- Pinchin Environmental Ltd.
- Boston Pizza
- Becker Milk Company Limited
- Legg Mason Canada Inc.
- Bentall Real Estate ServicesLP
- AECOM Canada Ltd.
- Nordia Inc.
- Cambridge KIA
- Probity Medical Research Inc.
- Numerous Private Investors
Mel has been involved in a wide variety of industrial, commercial, and investment transactions including:
- Purchaser representation for the 112,420 SF former Stanley plant in New Hamburg to Euro-Can Manufacturing.
- Seller representation for Truscan Property Corporation in the sale of the office building at 67 King Street East, Kitchener and the McGregor Plaza at 190 St. Andrew Street, Cambridge.
- Search and lease negotiations of the 25,000 SF design build lease at 103 Randall Drive, Waterloo for Northern Digital Inc.
- Managing the request for proposal process and lease negotiations for the freestanding TD Canada Trust branch with drive up banking machine at Hespeler Road and Bishop Street in Cambridge.
- Buyer representation of the 52,300 SF former Graybar Building at 509 Mill Street, Kitchener for Delta Elevator Co. Ltd.
- Landlord representation for the land lease to the McDonald's restaurant at the Woodland Park Plaza at 100 Jamieson Parkway, Cambridge.
- Represented Sun Life Canada in the power of sale disposition of the 60,000 SF office building at 276 King Street West, Kitchener.
- Power of sale representation for various financial institutions including the Royal Bank of Canada, Laurentian Bank of Canada, National Bank of Canada, Sun Life of Canada, TD Canada Trust etc.
- The completion of numerous project leasing assignments of retail, office and industrial multi-tenant buildings such as Chicopee Park Plaza, JC Group portfolio, Zevest portfolio etc.
- Various lease renewal negotiations for office tenants such as Tech Hi Consultants Ltd., Frontline Corporate Communications Inc., Dr. Don Edwards etc.
- Office tenant representation assignments for such organizations as Community Care Access Centre of Waterloo Region, Pilot Insurance Company, Ceridian Canada Limited etc.
- Lease termination negotiations for Random House of Canada for a 10,900 SF former office at 73 Water Street North, Cambridge.
- Seller representation of the 3,410 SF medical office building for Dr. Kim Papp of Probity Medical Research at 30 Union Street East, Waterloo and the dual agency representation for the purchase of the new 10,400 SF office at 135 Union Street East, Waterloo.
- Seller representation of Rockel Holdings Limited for the sale of 23,140 SF of office buildings at 139-153 Union Street East, Waterloo.
- Seller representation on investment property sales at below 8% cap rates for 410 Hespeler Road, Cambridge, as well as 105 & 110 Baffin Place, Waterloo.
- Retail tenant representation of Boston Pizza for land lease at Alpine Plaza, 725 Ottawa Street South, Kitchener and land acquisition at 35-37 Woodlawn Road West, Guelph.