Commercial Real Estate is never the same, it is constantly changing and plays a crucial part in a company’s operations - especially in how it affects its ability to retain and attract talent. I got into the business 27 years ago, and in my career I have learned that I truly love crafting creative solutions that solve my clients’ needs, including: leasing, sales, subleasing, and real estate consulting for the technology industries.
In 1994 I formed The High Technology Facilities Group, Vancouver’s only full-service tenant representation team to focus exclusively on serving BC’s technology sector. Over the last 23 years the industry has exploded, and working alongside the groups that make Vancouver the leading tech city it is today, has been an incredible journey. My clients are hugely passionate about their industries and pull out all the stops when it comes to growing their businesses. Finding commercial space for tech comes with its own unique set of challenges, and I get a real charge from sourcing and negotiating the perfect solutions that help my clients take their companies to the next level.
When I’m not tackling complicated transaction structures, I love travelling – it gives me a break from the 24/7 “deal noodling” I do while in the city. Whether it’s hitting the slopes in Whistler, taking in art and architecture, racing my kids up the Grouse Grind, or road-riding in Europe with my wife, having that “out of market” downtime helps me recharge and think creatively about the projects I have on the go.
- Top 10 CBRE Limited Producer, Vancouver, 1996 – 2017
- #1 CBRE Canada Office Producer, 2017
- #7 CBRE Canada Producer: 2017
- Top 250 CBRE Limited Americas, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016 Coldwell Circle
- Winner of CBRE Limited Top Team Canada, 1999, 2000 and 2008
- Over 27 million square feet of high tech representation (sales and leasing)
- 1.95 million square feet of design builds for 21 clients
- Renewal savings of more than $20,000,000 for more than 55 clients
- Sold in excess of $1.8 billion of commercial real estate
- The Hutcheson National Top Team Awards 1999
- The Hutcheson National Top Team Awards 2000
- The Hutcheson National Top Team Awards 2008
- Member of Academy for Technology for CEO’s (AceTech)
- Member of NAIOP
- Member of Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver
- Member of BC Technology Industries Association (BCTIA)
- Member of Life Sciences BC
- Member of the CBRE BioScience Services Group
- Member of the CBRE Technology Practice Group
- Queens University, Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics